16 Apr 2006
Welcome to the third redesign of PiratePalooza.com, things just keep getting better around here! I’ve made this the page the default 404 page, so if you were looking for something that was here before try using the Arrrticle Search feature. For those of you who are familiar with the old site here’s a quick rundown of the changes:
- WordPress We’re now using WordPress v.2 and it’s running like a champ. This means that you’ll be able to sift through old posts by month and by category. You can even search for keywords like “boobs”! (note to self: more articles on boobs)
- Messageboard Removed The messageboard has been scuttled, it just wasn’t being used. The good news is that you can post comments to articles on this site. Note that your comments won’t show up immediately, they go into moderation first to let me weed out all the spam-spam-spam-spam. You know, I didn’t see any Vikings at the first Palooza Pubcrawl….
- Captain Blogs Captain Drew and Captain Mal now have their own blogs, found in the categories named after them.
- Strategic Garrrrrr Removal There’ll be a little less written pirate brogue on the news pages; turns out that a lot of people just can’t read that stuff. We’ve hired the renowned Prusso-Scotch translation firm Lasser, Lasser, McPharr and Tulwhinney to translate many of our pirates’ missives into standard English, but all isn’t lost… for better or worse, Captains Mal and Drew’s blogs are excluded from this clean-up.
- Pubcrawl Section There’s now a dedicated section with information about the annual Pubcrawl. Note that this section is outside of the WordPress posts and is not searchable.
- Links I’m rationing the number of links to other people’s websites in the sidebar. Feel free to submit your organization’s website but be aware that your link will be put in front of a group of angry, drunken pirates and there’s no guarantee that you’ll be accepted. Aren’t we right bastards?
- RSS Feeds That’s right, now you can dial us up in your newsreader. About dang time.
- Flickr As mentioned in a previous post, I’ve switched to Flickr and encourage all of you to do the same. This gives everyone a big sandbox to play in and will help foster the PiratePalooza fan club’s sense of community.
Every new website has to have a section or two that is badly planned, poorly executed and marginally filled. Right now that would be the Downloads section and the Store section. It’s not that I don’t have them thought out, it’s just that I’m verrrry busy~
So how do you guys like the new website?